Digital Entertainment: Internet Radio - US - December 2009
Mintel’s report on this subject interprets the market from the perspective of the consumer, focusing on interaction with visual and audio advertisements, attitudes toward playlisting, usage data by type of service offered, the interaction between personal library building via paid and free/pirated downloads. The report further explores what advertising methods are being used, how home pages are being used to attract (or repel) potential users, the current and future role of monolith YouTube, as well as detailing activity for leading companies in the market.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Why some current leaders are poised for failure
- The role of minorities and teens in propelling usage
- Why teen boys are more desirable users than teen girls
- Attitudes towards streaming vs. downloading music
- Comparison of future potential of advertising model vs. subscription model, including current subscription data by demographic, clicking behavior and recollection of ads
- Barriers to greater adoption of internet radio
- Usage of internet radio for streaming comedy, live concerts and sports
- Why internet radio is poised to continue gaining show from traditional radio
- The development of in-car internet services
- The decreasing size of personal music libraries
- Usage via smartphones, measured in weekly hours of consumption
- How the industry measures up with competition from other music sources, and insights from observation of players in competing industries
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.