Digital Trends - Black Consumers - US - May 2019
Covered in this report
This report tracks Black consumers’ household and personal ownership of technology devices, means of accessing the internet, family dynamics regarding technology, and overall attitudes that drive behavior in the category.
Devices covered in this report include:
- Televisions: HDTV (high definition), UHD TVs (ultra-high definition), and smart TVs
- Streaming media OTT (over-the-top) devices
- Gaming consoles
- Mobile devices including smartphones and tablets and phablets
- Voice activated “smart” devices
- Desktop, laptop, and convertible “hybrid” computers
- Home security systems
- Cameras, including camcorders, wearables, point-and-shoot digital, D-SLR (digital single-lens reflex)
- DVRs (digital video recorders)
- Cable/satellite receiver boxes
- Over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth speakers
- Portable media players
"Digital technology touches all Black consumers, whether it is a tool of convenience, a connector to their social circle, or most importantly an accessible entertainment center. Desired innovations for this consumer are rooted in a desire for better accessibility through the internet and wireless technology rather than by way of devices."
Toya Mitchell, Multicultural Analyst
This report will look at the following areas:
- Impact of digital technology evident across Black consumer segments
- Devices must entertain first, provide utility second
- Fast, unlimited data is the number one priority, but anticipation of 5G does not match desire
- Entertainment is the primary digital activity
- Online shopping supplements in-store shopping
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.