Dining Out: A 2011 Look Ahead - US - January 2011
The future of dining out in 2011 is already being shaped thanks to trends, laws, economic factors and demographic tastes.
In this report, Mintel provides insight and ideation surrounding these factors for the restaurant industry. Issues of healthfulness, menu transparency, technology and seasonality shape how consumers interact with restaurants. As these issues develop further, they will continue to shape and reshape the industry, calling for new restaurant services, tools and menu innovation. Key elements that affect the future of the industry will be discussed, including:
- Key economic and demographic factors that will determine the direction of the foodservice industry in the near and late term
- Ramifications and loopholes of coming menu transparency laws regarding calorie disclosure
- The push and opportunities for better-for-you (BFY) menu items without losing sight of flavor
- Marketing strategies that work, using social media and technology
- Top menu items, flavors, marketing claims, and cuisine types
- Consumers’ attitudes toward dining out in 2011 and what they say are important considerations
- Mintel Oxygen, which offers foodservice analyst expertise and a dedicated report series
- Mintel Inspire, a unique tool that reveals daily influences on brands and people, and helps generate ideas about trend direction
- Mintel Menu Insights, which provides flavor, ingredient, preparation and price trend analysis, drawing from the largest 350 chain restaurants, as well as 150 independent restaurants, 50 restaurants run by top chefs, and 25 beverage-focused restaurants
- Custom consumer research on consumer attitudes relevant to topics analyzed in the report
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.