Dining Out: A 2012 Look Ahead - US - January 2012
In spite of the economic ups and downs of the past year, consumers have found a way to include dining out in their budget, perhaps becoming recession weary and finding restaurants a form of creature comfort. So much the more going forward as the economy begins to pick up.
In this report, Mintel examines restaurant economics and drivers, restaurant and menu trends, and consumer attitudes and habits to provide a glimpse into the future of the dining-out industry. Insights from this report will help operators and foodservice suppliers create high-demand products and build effective marketing messages. All restaurant stakeholders will want to read this report in order to understand:
- The size of the market trended over time with analysis of future growth projections
- Factors hindering/helping the industry realize its greatest profit potential
- Five restaurant operational/menu trends that will drive the industry through 2012 and beyond
- Successful marketing strategies and messages that resonate with consumers
- Menu trends in terms of items, prices and marketing claims
- Consumers’ favorite restaurant segments and their 2012 restaurant spending plans
- Consumer attitudes about calorie disclosure, menu options, technology and areas for restaurant improvement
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.