Dishwasher and Dishwashing Products - US - July 2009
Estimated at $1.1 billion in 2009, the dishwashing products market has seen slow growth in FDMx sales, translating to a 10% fall from 2004-09 when inflation is taken into account.
This report hones in on the following issues that drive the dishwashing products market:
- The impact of the economic downturn, which, since 2007, has led consumers to seek ways to cut costs, both in terms of eating out less, and saving money on cleaning products
- The impact of the broader green movement on the dishwashing products market and the success of green dishwashing products, including products recently introduced by Clorox
- How advertisers are focusing on effectiveness of the product, while still targeting moms
- New product innovation, specifically in brand extensions, private label offerings, eco-friendly products, new premium scented offerings and timesaving formats
- This report also offers exclusive consumer research into consumer dishwashing habits and preferences when seeking dish soap and automatic dishwasher detergent and additive. Data are analyzed on the basis of gender, age, household income and race/Hispanic origin. Special focus is given to parents and consumers at different life stages
- How often different consumer groups wash dishes
- Who is responsible for making dishwashing product purchase decisions
- Which products and brands are most popular among different consumer groups
- What properties are most important to consumers in dish soap and dishwasher detergent
- How loyal consumers are to their current dishwashing products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.