Dishwashing Products - US - April 2011
The dishwashing products category has largely taken the recession in stride, posting solid annual FDMx sales gains in 2008 through 2010. The positive results were driven in part by a recession-inspired return to home meal preparation, but also by marketers’ success at trading consumers up to premium products promising a variety of added-value benefits.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of dishwashing product category performance of the last five years and a forecast of growth for the next five. Also included:
- Recent FDMx sales and market share results in both the dishwashing liquid (for hand washing dishes) and dishwasher detergent segments
- Major themes in new product introductions from both major players and niche manufacturers
- How Procter & Gamble’s (P&G) Dawn reversed a three-year market share decline and extended its lead of the dishwashing liquid segment
- How private-label products and brands marketed as eco-friendly performed during the recession and its aftermath
- Category usage data and Mintel’s own consumer research on the attitudes and behaviors that drive category performance
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.