Disposable Baby Products - US - February 2010
This report examines the market for disposable baby products including diapers, training pants, wipes/moist towelettes, as well as cleansing and care products. Using sales data along with Mintel’s proprietary GNPD, results from the Experian Simmons NCS/NHCS, and Mintel’s exclusive consumer survey, Mintel analyzes the increasingly competitive disposable baby products market to identify areas of opportunity in an increasingly challenging market.
Key areas examined include:
- The impact of declining birth rates on an already limited market
- The role of the recession and how tradedowns have impacted a market previously considered “non-negotiable”
- The strong growth of private label baby products and how name brand offerings can effectively compete in the market
- The extremely competitive disposable diaper market, and how two key brands—Pampers and Huggies—dominate and compete for the mom dollar
- The role of the internet and how “mommy bloggers” influence product selection and purchase
- An in-depth analysis of baby disposable product usage by age of mom and household income
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.