Electric Cars - US - September 2009
This report explores the electric car market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting future electric car sales, promotional campaigns, and industry innovations, and covers five electric car segments: parallel hybrids, series hybrids, power split hybrids, extended range plug-ins and pure electrics.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What do the major manufacturers have planned for the development of electric vehicles?
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market?
- How will cost constraints affect price of the electric vehicles?
- What is being done to update the country’s infrastructure in preparation for the future availability of plug-in electric vehicles?
- What are the different segments of electric cars, and where are companies focusing their production?
- How will the grants issued by the government for the development of electric vehicles contribute to future growth?
- What types of advertising and promotion are companies using to introduce the consumer to electric car technology?
- Who are the prospective electric buyers? What are their habits, opinions, and concerns regarding electric vehicles?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.