Electrical Goods Retailing - UK - February 2016
“Since the collapse of Comet the electrical specialists have seen their share of the market diminish under pressure from non-specialists. There were signs of a resurgence in the specialist market in 2014 and this has accelerated in 2015 with the specialists sector outpacing an overall market which saw consumer spending fall. A major part of this has been to bring prices in line with the online-only players, notably Amazon. Stores also remain a crucial part of the electricals buying process, with consumers continuing to value the ability to view products physically as well as benefit from the in-store and after-sales service given, which is also helping to encourage consumers back to the specialist retailers."
– Nick Carroll , Retail Analyst
This report looks at the following issues:
- The importance of stores in the decision making process
- Sainsbury's and Argos: what does it mean for the electricals market?
- Getting service right
- Black Friday: making sense of it all
This report uses utilises market, consumer research and key retailer metrics to give an overview of the UK electrical goods market. The electrical goods market is a diverse one both in terms of the products sold and the retailers who sell them.
We have split the product market into four key segments for each of which we provide a market size and forecast:
- Household appliances – Consisting of both major appliances, such as refrigerators and washing machines and small appliances, such as coffee-machines and kettles.
- Audio-visual and photographic equipment – Consisting of audio-visual products, such as TVs and stereo systems and photographic equipment, such as digital cameras and projectors.
- Computing and telecoms – Consisting of information processing equipment, such as personal computers and tablets, and telephone and telefax equipment, such as mobile and home phones.
- Personal care appliances – Consisting of electrical appliances of personal care, such as electric razors and hairdryers.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.