Electrical Retailing - France - June 2010
The focus of the report is the electricals specialists, and they are the dominant players in the market.
But the electricals sector faces some major challenges:
- The lingering economic hangover.
- Wavering consumer confidence and a slow recovery in discretionary spending.
- Competition from non-specialists and in particular internet pure players and supermarkets.
- Continuing pressure on prices and sales volumes.
- Product convergence which could put further pressure on sales volumes.
- Multi-channel development which is fast becoming the option of choice for consumers but is costly for retailers to implement.
- Customer service which is the new battleground for specialists and inextricably linked to multi-channel development, but represents another major investment for retailers.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.