Electricity Industry - UK - December 2015
“Widespread smart meter deployment should allow energy suppliers to offer more innovative and tailored tariffs and products. The technology will make it possible for suppliers to offer “time‑of‑use tariffs” to customers, charging little or nothing for power at off‑peak times, such as the weekend, and higher prices on high‑demand weekdays.”
– Claudia Preedy, B2B Analyst
This report will explore the following key questions facing the UK electricity supply and distribution industry:
- What are the key drivers for network investment in the electricity distribution sector?
- How do legislative changes affect the industry?
- What challenges does the transition to a low carbon economy present to distribution network operators (DNOs)?
- What are the expenditure plans of individual DNOs for the next price control period RIIO-ED1?
- What are the major challenges facing the electricity supply sector?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.