Energy Drinks and Shots - US - July 2010
This report focuses on the energy drinks and shots market. While energy drinks have enjoyed significant popularity since their inception during the late 1990s, category growth appears to have cooled off during 2007-09. The current economic upheaval has negatively influenced the category, and a lack of universal appeal for energy drinks has failed to bring in new consumers to the market. This reports presents an in-depth analysis of the current issues and opportunities in the markets, including absence of new consumers and the growing appeal of energy shots. Besides presenting sales data on a segment-by-segment basis, the report considers a range of topics, including the following:
- What manufacturers and retailers can do to expand the market to new users
- The importance of modifying new product positioning in an industry that currently focuses on young male consumers
- Key brands’ performance in each segment, challenges they face and how private label manufacturers have an opportunity to fulfill an unmet need in the market
- The impact of demographic shifts on product needs during 2004-09 and how 2009-14 population projections will affect the market growth
- What innovative product positioning and attributes would best attract the increasingly health- conscious society; how marketers can modify current attributes to address fears concerning product safety
- A detailed discussion of attributes that can attract non-energy drink users to the market
- Consumer behavior in purchasing energy drinks and shots at retail; strategies to grow sales through product presentation at retail
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.