Energy Drinks - US - August 2014
“While the energy drink and shot category is still young and growing, many consumers are still not consuming them. New launches and marketing is increasing awareness, but the food and beverage industry is overflowing with offerings that provide similar energy functions without the safety and health stigma that plagues energy drinks/shots. However, consumer concerns offer the category more avenues to innovate and attract new users.”
– Elizabeth Sisel, Beverage Analyst
This report answers the following questions:
- What competes with the category that keeps it from being a more frequent beverage choice?
- Will consumer concerns force labeling changes?
- Is there a positive way to address energy drink consumption by kids and teens?
- Energy drinks – Beverages that specifically claim to provide an energy or stimulation boost. These products also have a marketing position that stresses energy. Many generally include ingredients such as glucose, caffeine, taurine, ginseng, and various vitamins and minerals. The analysis includes brands that are labeled as either beverages or dietary supplements.
- Energy shots – Concentrated energy-boosting drinks that often contain caffeine and B vitamins. These products are usually available in 2- to 3-oz bottles or cans. Many energy shots are categorized as dietary supplements, rather than beverages.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.