Energy Drinks - US - May 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Energy drinks – Beverages that specifically claim to provide an energy or stimulation boost. These products also have a marketing position that stresses energy. Many generally include ingredients such as glucose, caffeine, taurine, ginseng, and various vitamins and minerals. The analysis includes brands that are labeled as either beverages or dietary supplements.
- Energy shots – Concentrated energy-boosting drinks that often contain caffeine and B vitamins. These products are usually available in 2- to 3-oz bottles or cans. Many energy shots are categorized as dietary supplements, rather than beverages.
"The energy drink market remains an area of growth within the wider beverage industry thanks to large base of high frequency drinkers and increased energy needs among Americans. Sugar-free and fitness-focused energy drinks are thriving as consumers want beverages that provide a big boost without the sugar. Energy drink brands have enjoyed fairly consistent year-over-year growth; however, waning interest in energy drinks among Gen Z is a long-term issue brands need to address."
- Caleb Bryant, Senior Beverage Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Energy drinks have a Gen Z problem
- High frequency users are loyal to the market not brands
- Consumers are finding energy drinks that suit their needs
- High frequency drinkers want high energy beverages
- Promote both body and brain health
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.