Entertainment Venues - US - March 2010
This report explores the live entertainment market in the US. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales, consumption and consumer trends, and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. This report is a follow-up to Entertainment Venues—US, January 2009. It provides an in-depth examination of the live entertainment market for industry promoters, venue operators, artist managers and live event marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Sales and analysis covers annual ticket volume of the top 50 venues in five separate venue categories and annual gross sales of the top 100 tours.
Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How is the market segmented by venue and what venues are stagnating and which have grown in ticket volume?
- How has the secondary ticket market affected the primary ticket market in regards to pricing?
- How are consumers learning about concerts and which forms of media are most effective in getting the message out?
- How has the rise in ticket prices affected consumer behavior?
- Which concert promoters control the market and what have they done to remain competitive?
- How will the approved merger between Live Nation and Ticketmaster affect the live entertainment market?
- Which tours grossed the most in 2009 and how do these numbers compare to previous years?
- How have multi-day destination festivals affected the overall market in terms of ticket volume and revenue?
- What ancillary items such as T-shirts and food/beverages do consumers purchase most or least while attending concerts?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.