Equity Investing - UK - September 2019
Covered in this report
- Exchange-traded Funds (ETFs) are investment products that track an index (eg FTSE 100) by investing in the same stocks and shares that make up that index
- Individual company shares are issued by businesses to raise equity or capital; these shares are offered to investors to purchase
- Investment bonds are life insurance policies where a lump sum is invested in an investment fund selected by a consumer or an adviser
- Stocks and Shares ISAs (Individual Savings Accounts) are a taxefficient method of investing in a variety of different investments
- A Real Estate Investment Trust is a company or a group that owns and manages property on behalf of shareholders
- An Investment Trust Fund is a form of collective investment that allows investors to pool their money to purchase a variety of assets
“Amid difficult economic and political conditions, consumers looking to make the most of their money are adapting their attitudes towards risk. Technology has made investing, even in lower amounts, easier and cheaper. Regulators are looking to improve competition, lowering barriers to entry and exit, which will further democratise access and switching. Despite the challenges, opportunities abound for providers willing to expand the reach of their services and differentiate themselves.”
– Irene Salazar, Senior Financial Services Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Opportunities amid uncertainty and volatility
- 25-34 year olds are the key group to target
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.