Ethnic Cuisine - Ireland - June 2011
For the purposes of this report, ethnic cuisines can be considered as styles of food which are not native to Ireland. However, similar Westernised fare, such as British or American food is excluded. This report covers:
- Chinese – Includes Peking, Cantonese and other Chinese variations, as well as all food of South Asian origin
- Indian – Including Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan, and also includes Tandoori and Balti.
- Italian – Including all types of Italian cooking, although pizza is treated as a sub-segment on its own
- Mexican and Tex Mex – This broader definition covers a blend of Mexican, Native American and Texan influences while the entire category also has some historical Spanish influences.
- Thai, Japanese, Greek and other emerging niche cuisines
- The ethnic cuisine market is segmented across out-of-home consumption in restaurants and takeaways, and in-home consumption incorporating ready meals, cooking sauces and meal kit products, and meals made from scratch at home.
- Ready meals – chilled or frozen pre-prepared meals
- Cooking sauces – pour-over, stir fry or cook-in sauces, typically in jar or pouch format
- Meal kits – pre-packaged meal kits including flavourings and ingredients for meals, typically requiring the addition of extra meat and vegetables
- Excluded from this report are ethnic snacks and meal accompaniments, ethnic styles of traditional meals such as salads and sandwiches, and instant meals (ie Pot Noodles), which just require the addition of hot water. However, references are made to these where appropriate throughout the report.
- Mintel’s data for market size and trends are based on an objective analysis of various industry estimates. It should be noted that some market value data have been altered from the previous reports in the light of revised data becoming available from various trade sources. However, this has not altered the trends that were reported at the time.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.