Ethnic Foods - US - September 2009
Fueled by an increasingly diverse population; a resurgence in cooking thanks to the popularity of cooking shows and celebrity chefs; and a wave of convenience-focused products, ethnic foods have never been more popular in the US.
This report discusses the key trends driving the ethnic foods market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the ethnic foods market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the current economic recession is impacting sales of international foods
- Which segments are reaching maturity, and which up-and-coming segments offer the greatest growth opportunity
- What retailers can do to bolster sales of ethnic foods
- A spotlight on five brands—Goya, Patak’s, Annie Chun’s, Old El Paso, and Simply Asia—and the different approaches they’re taking to build a strong brand identity.
- Distinctions with consumer trends both with ethnic food consumption at home and at restaurants
- Which consumer groups offer the greatest potential for expanding consumption of ethnic food, not only with “from-scratch” ingredients, but also kits where consumers add their own meat, as well as fully prepared meals
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.