Events, Activities and Festival Tourism - Ireland - September 2011
Festivals and events are a dynamic part of the tourism sector and appeal to a wide cross-section of the population due to the wide-ranging nature of the genres and interests that they cover. Festivals also have a strong appeal for tourists, both domestic and from overseas. Tourism stakeholders and organisations put a lot of weight behind these festivals to ensure their success and to maximise their impact on tourism.
While tourism has been hit badly by the recession, festivals remain a key asset in keeping the domestic audience interested in Ireland as a tourism destination and appealing to a set of the overseas market. This report aims to outline how the impact of festivals on tourism can be maximised.
Some key questions answered in the report include:
- What are the most popular genres of festival? – Which types of festivals attract the biggest crowds and in turn the highest level of spending?
- How long do consumers stay in an area for a festival, event or activity? – How often do consumers stay overnight for events? What type of accommodation do they prefer?
- How do Irish consumers perceive the quality and cost of Irish festivals? – Do Irish consumers perceive festivals, events and activities as expensive, and how will this opinion affect their usage during the recession?
- What would encourage tourists to go to more festivals? – What can help to stimulate higher levels of visitation and spending at festivals? How important is promotion and online marketing to boosting visitor numbers?
- How can tourists be encouraged to spend time in an area after a festival is over? – What can local tourism companies do to help encourage festival, event or activity visitors to extend their stay and visit local attractions, and thus improve the revenue generated from visitors?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.