Fabric Care and Other Washing Ancilliaries - UK - November 2016
“New product launches have created growth in value sales in fabric care, in contrast to many other household care categories including laundry detergents. While recent launches in the fabric conditioner space have focused on premium fragrances and longer-lasting freshness, there may be scope to add value through increased functionality. For example, products that can repel stains or remove trapped oils, as well as ones specifically suited for activewear, could encourage consumers to spend more money on the category.”
- Richard Hopping, Brand and Household Analyst
This report will cover the following areas:
- Maintaining NPD momentum
- Using packaging to engage younger groups
This category is strongly influenced by laundry habits and choice of laundry detergents; a shift towards non-biological formulations and washing at lower temperatures has resulted in a boost to sales of stain removers and antibacterial laundry cleansers as consumers look to compensate for gentler laundry regimes. At the same time, consumer interest in longer-lasting and more premium fragrances has been met by the likes of Comfort Intense and Lenor Unstoppables, encouraging consumers to trade up to more expensive fabric conditioner products.
This Report examines the retail market for the following fabric care products:
- Rinse conditioners used in addition to laundry detergents in order to soften, freshen and/or make drying and ironing easier, and available as standard and concentrated liquids.
- Tumble dry enhancers offered as fragrance-impregnated sheets that are designed for use in tumble dryers (eg Lenor Tumble Dryer Sheets, which were formerly Bounce).
- Stain removers that take away stains and include both pre-wash and in-wash products in powder, liquid, gel, tablet and spray format (eg Vanish).
- Whiteners and colour care products used with laundry detergents for helping to maintain the brightness of colours and whiteness of whites without bleaching.
- Ironing aids that include products for ironing such as fragranced ironing waters and starch liquids or sprays.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.