Facial Masks - China - April 2019
Covered in this report
Facial masks included in this report:
- Sheet masks usually mean cloth or paper saturated in a high dosage of skincare ingredients for one-time use. Common sheet masks include non-woven cloth masks, silk masks, biocellulose masks, natural wood pulp masks and cotton masks.
- Sleeping masks usually mean a gel/cream-based product that can be applied before sleep and left on overnight.
- Rinse-off masks usually mean mud, cream, mousse or gelbased products that can be applied on the face and need to be washed off after 10-30 minutes.
- Peel-off masks usually mean mud, cream or gel-based products that can be applied on the face and then shaped into a layer of mask after a few minutes.
- Multi-steps masks usually have two or three steps of facial skincare, including cleanser/scrub and sheet mask.
“As a fast-growing market, the facial mask market is facing fierce competition from functional aspects to value-added emotional aspects. Consumers’ upgraded demands for mental relaxation provide an opportunity for brands to invest in a ritualised facial mask routine. Under the influence of the premiumisation trend, product innovation could be around sensitive skin such as medical masks.”
– Vicky Zhou, Research Analyst
This report will cover the following areas:
- Ritualise facial mask routine
- The potential of targeting sensitive skin
- How can facial mask brands face the threat from ampoules?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.