Facial Skincare - US - January 2010
The market for facial skincare has experienced steady growth since 2004, albeit slower since 2007, with sales struggling a bit due to the weak economy and recession. Anti-aging facial skincare products continue to be the fastest-growing segment of the facial skincare market, and remain ahead of cleansers as the largest share of the market.
This report provides in-depth information about the facial skincare market including the following:
- Exploration of emerging trends, including all-natural items in a particular segment of the facial skincare category
- Learning what celebrity brand is a newcomer to this market, and heralds the concept of skincare marketing for a cause
- The excitement that Burt’s Bees and Kiehl’s are bringing to the all-natural category, as consumer interest in this area remains high
- How flagship brand Olay is doing well in terms of buying rate but trailing in penetration, and why this might be a difficult problem for them to solve without alienating their core audience
- A look at how brands St. Ives Swiss Formula and Johnson & Johnson’s Clean & Clear, on the other hand, may have more flexibility in how they market to consumers, and may be able to use coupons to attract more trial
- A look at what some retailers are doing to increase sales, including the transformation of drug store chain Duane-Reade from lackluster to high-end luxury
- Why male respondents are using soap and water as their skin care regimen, and how they can be persuaded to switch to something better
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.