Facial Skincare - US - May 2012
The U.S. market for facial skincare products is driven overwhelmingly by women, who report using facial skincare much more than men, who themselves are much more likely to maintain a daily regimen of merely soap and water as opposed to facial cleansers, toners, and assorted other specialized products. The slow economic recovery has decelerated sales growth and caused many users to switch down to private label, which has far outpaced sales growth by leading national brands. This report focuses on these factors, and provides close examination of the following:
- The expanding role of Hispanics in the market, as the rapidly increasing Hispanic population and Hispanic spending power will fuel Hispanic women’s investment in beauty care in the coming years
- How anti-aging products are able to outsell all other products in the market, and the role of new products in sales growth of product segments
- How top company Johnson & Johnson maintains its position in the market
- How drug stores are expanding their merchandising to include grocery departments, to better attract one-stop shoppers
- The marketing strategies of the leading facial skincare companies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.