Family Leisure Trends - US - March 2011
In this report Mintel explores how families in the U.S. spend their leisure time and what is important to families when they have time together. Mintel’s exclusive consumer research examines whether families are spending more or less time together this year compared to last year, and why; what activities families are engaging in both inside and outside of the home; and how circumstances like divorce and education impact family time and what families choose to do together. This report will closely examine:
- Family demographics and its effect on family leisure time
- What is driving changes in family leisure time and activities
- New initiatives in terms of product development, advertising and other marketing that seek to enhance family leisure time
- Changes in family free time compared to last year
- Reasons why families are spending more or less time together
- Individual’s attitudes toward spending time with family and family responsibilities
- How teenagers feel about family life and leisure activities
- Activities that families are engaging in more and less often compared to last year
- Changes in family eating and cooking habits
- Electronic and leisure product ownership and engagement
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.