Family Purchases: Kids as Influencers - US - June 2010
Kids and teens often influence what their parents purchase on their behalf and play a key role in determining what type of foods and entertainment will be purchased for the family household. At the same time, the FTC and other agencies are regulating advertising directed at kids more closely than they have in the past and this is leading to significant changes at many companies. Given this influence and the changing landscape of marketing to children, it is important for companies to examine the influence that kids have on family purchases and what they can do to optimize marketing and product development efforts. As such, this report addresses the following questions:
- What demographic segments of society have the highest concentration of kids under 18?
- What proportion of kids and teens own cell phones and what is the significance of the “third screen” to marketers that target kids and families?
- What proportion of kids and teens receive an allowance or often get what they ask for?
- In which categories do kids have the most influence on familial purchases?
- In which channels do kids tend to have the most influence over parents?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.