Family Vacations - US - December 2010
This report explores the family vacation in the U.S. It provides insight into why, where and how families vacation and what this means for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How have families cut costs to vacation during the recession?
- What types of vacations do families take inside the U.S.? Outside the U.S.?
- How does the number of children in a household affect where families vacation and the type of vacations taken?
- Who travels when families vacation together?
- What is the average length of a family vacation? How long do they travel each year? How does household income affect the length of these trips?
- What states do families visit the most? The least?
- What foreign countries do families visit the most? The least?
- Do families take advantage of babysitting or nanny services when they vacation?
- How do families research the vacations they take? Which are the most popular websites for that research?
- Why do families vacation each year? What do families get out of their vacation? How do vacations lead to long-term bonding once the vacation is over?
- What holidays or family occasions are most important for families to travel?
- What airlines are most preferred by respondents who are traveling with children?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.