Family Vacations - US - December 2011
While vacation destinations felt the impact of the recession sharply in 2009, the family vacation market on the whole has shown resilience in 2010 and 2011. For many families stressful economic times appear to have made the emotional benefits of getting away more compelling, making even brief family vacations more of a necessity. The long-term consumer impact of the downturn on family travel may be less about cutting back on expenditures than it is about spending smarter.
This report features Mintel’s exclusive consumer research exploring a range of consumer attitudes and behaviors concerning family vacations. Among the questions addressed in this report are:
- How frequently do families take vacations and which demographic groups are traveling most frequently?
- How much do families spend on vacations?
- Who in the family is in charge of the various aspects of family travel planning?
- What influence do kids and teens have on the selection of destinations, restaurants and activities?
- What online and offline resources are used to plan family vacations?
- What features are most important in the selection of the family vacation destination?
- What’s most important to families about family vacations?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.