Feminine Hygiene and Sanitary Protection Products - US - March 2016
Growth of the overall feminine care products market has been marginal in recent years, as it faces several challenges. Women are having fewer, lighter periods, contributing to declining usage of sanitary protection, specifically tampons. However, an aging population and increased interest in cleansing products bodes well for the adult incontinence and feminine hygiene segments of the category. Discussions about menstruation and bladder leakage are also becoming less taboo, empowering women to discover solutions for their feminine care needs.
This report looks at the following areas:
- Sales of sanitary protection products stagnate
- More women experience bladder issues than use incontinence-specific products
- Concerns over the safety of feminine care products
The entire category is referred to throughout the Report as “feminine care.”
This Report includes internal and external products for sanitary protection and feminine hygiene needs, including the following products:
- Sanitary protection products
- Sanitary pads, including napkins and liners/shields (Note: throughout this Report, the terms sanitary napkin and pad will be used interchangeably)
- Tampons, including plastic applicator, cardboard applicator, nonapplicator tampons, as well as menstrual cups
- Feminine hygiene products, including douches, wipes, vaginal treatments, and other feminine hygiene products (such as deodorants or vaginal anti-itch products)
- Adult incontinence products, (also referred to as bladder leakage or LBL products) including pads, briefs and bladder support devices.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.