Fish and Shellfish - UK - September 2010
This report covers the retail market for seafood for in-home consumption. This includes fish (fin fish) and shellfish (including crustaceans), whether fresh, frozen or ambient, as well as ready-to-cook products.
- Proven freshness can provide a powerful basis for stand-out in the seafood aisle, seen as a very important choice factor by 25 million seafood-eating adults.
- Making sustainable seafood easier to identify stands to drive its sales among the 16m seafood-eaters who would buy more, if such seafood was more clearly labelled.
- Less common or seasonally available seafood could appeal to an audience of two in five households earning £50,000 or more that like to try out new species of fish/shellfish.
- Cook-in-a-bag and other ready-to-cook seafood could benefit from targeting the nearly three million 25-34-year-olds who note ease of preparation as a very important factor in seafood choice.
- Highlighting the omega-3 content of seafood can help brands support sales among the three million over-55s who see this as a very important factor in their seafood choice.
- Some 4.4 million one-person households neither agree nor disagree on chilled seafood tasting better than frozen, making for a sizeable pool of potential converts for frozen seafood.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.