Fish and Shellfish - US - November 2016
"Driven by the perception of fish and shellfish as healthy alternatives to red meat and poultry, sales of fish and shellfish should grow slowly between 2016-21 to reach $18.3 billion. Millennials, Hispanics, and households with children are most likely to buy, especially fresh. Wild-caught traits appear to be of particular interest, and buoyed by communicating the flavor and nutritional benefits of flash freezing, as well as a typically lower cost, frozen is forecast to grow during the period under review."
- William Roberts, Jr, Senior Food & Drink Analyst
This report will cover the following areas:
- After strong growth, stagnant growth should begin to rebound
- Shelf-stable suffers
- Allergy concern impact, but may be overblown
The following food segments are included in this Report:
- fresh, uncooked fish and shellfish, such as salmon steaks and live lobster
- refrigerated or chilled shellfish, such as lobster and crabmeat
- frozen, uncooked fish and shellfish, such as frozen unprocessed shrimp and cod fillets
- frozen prepared seafood, such as fish sticks and heat-and-eat fish fillets
- shelf-stable fish and shellfish, such as tuna, crab, and sardines
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.