Fish and Shellfish - US - October 2014
“The US fish and shellfish category grew moderately between 2009 and 2014, reaching $16.7 billion, and is expected to continue growing at this pace into 2019, reaching $20.1 billion. Sales are largely driven by consumer perceptions that fish and shellfish are healthier than other meats, although consumers surveyed by Mintel are most apt to cite taste as the number one reason for eating fish/shellfish. Brands should continue to focus on taste and nutrition to drive sales, emphasizing specific attributes such as high omega-3 content and improved flavor ranges.”
- Amy Kraushaar, US Category Manager, Food & Drink and Foodservice
This report answers the following questions:
- How can brands increase consumption frequency?
- How can fish/shellfish brands compete with other meats?
- How can fresh brands leverage consumer demand for fresh foods?
- Respondents very likely to buy canned/packaged, fresh fish once a month or more.
- Respondents equally likely to buy wild-caught and farm-raised fish/shellfish.
- Taste, nutrition should be focus of fish/shellfish marketing.
- Consumers want to see more different types of packaging.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.