Food Storage - US - April 2010
This report takes a detailed look at the evolving food storage industry, which has grown modestly since 2004. In the most recent year, manufacturers have been faced with potentially game-changing challenges from all directions, ranging from consumer concerns over chemicals in plastics, to an entrenched recession that is affecting consumer spending, even on household items including plastic wrap or food storage containers. That said, opportunities exist in the market, particularly as it relates to eco-friendly innovations, and targeted demographic marketing, merchandising and innovation.
This report investigates these as well as other themes in detail, including:
- What is important to consumers in their food storage product purchasing decisions
- Competitive threats to the market and ways manufacturers can retaliate
- The degree to which private label/store brands have pushed aside many familiar name brands, as well as consumer behavioral shifts in usage of name and private label brands
- Recession-related shifts in consumer usage of food storage products
- Consumer attitudes towards food storage products by race/Hispanic origin, and suggestions on how manufacturers can possibly capitalize on differences between these demographics
- Innovations and innovators that are helping to bolster the market through new product launches, brand positioning and advertising
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.