Food to Go - Opportunities for the Lunchtime Trade - Ireland - June 2014
“Despite disposable incomes increasing in NI and RoI, consumers largely remain driven by low price when purchasing lunch outside of the home, meaning that meal deals and price promotions will continue to remain important to attract footfall. Opportunities exist for food-to-go brands and operators to engage in menu and flavour innovations to reinvigorate the lunchtime market.”
- Sophie Dorbie, Research Analyst
Key themes in the report:
- How is the improving economic situation impacting the market? – As unemployment falls and consumer spending increases, are consumers choosing to eat lunch outside of the home more often or are they opting for packed lunches?
- Which outlets have the greatest appeal amongst consumers at lunchtime? – What sector of the foodservice industry are Irish consumers choosing to buy their lunch from?
- How can food-to-go operators appeal to the lunchtime market? – How are foodservice providers appealing to the lunchtime market (eg menu flavours, formats and price promotions)?
- What future opportunities exist for the Irish foodservice sector? – What future opportunities exist for food-to-go lunchtime operators and how can they encourage Irish consumers to dine outside of the home more often?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.