Foodservice and Convenience - US - December 2009
Depressed consumer confidence continues to plague foodservice industries, as dining out is more frequently perceived as a luxury that can be cut back on. However, restaurants may be able to mitigate the damage of the recession by focusing on the “convenience segment,” those consumers who continue to spend on services like delivery or takeout as a more necessary part of their lifestyle. In this report, Mintel explores the preferences of this segment and how vendors are catering to their needs.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Which elements of convenience (e.g. speed of service, packaging) vendors are focusing on
- How supermarkets and convenience stores compare to restaurants in the convenience market
- How key demographics are being targeted by major chains
- How mobile technology is taking convenience in ordering to the next level
- Which demographics are key to the convenience segment
- How important convenience factors are in restaurant selection
- Which food options are more attractive to the convenience segment
- Which points of differentiation, other than food quality, are most important to consumers in a rush
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.