Foot Care Products - US - December 2009
After years of increases, foot care product sales declined sharply in 2009. Higher unemployment and lower consumer confidence are taking their toll on this category, causing more consumers to leave minor foot care problems untreated and others to switch to lower-priced private labels. The central challenge facing this category – that many sufferers seem willing to limp along with their foot problems rather than take steps to solve them – is as big a challenge as ever.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the foot care product category and guidance for marketers and retailers looking to build sales and share or reinvigorate the category. Included are:
- Sales and market share trends for foot care devices and foot care/athlete’s foot medications
- An examination of the success of Ped Egg, an unconventional product supported by unconventional marketing, and proof that even in a difficult economy category growth is possible
- An overview of broader economic, demographic, and health-and-wellness dynamics at play in the foot care products category
- Exclusive consumer research on the prevalence of foot pain and irritation, its causes, the variety of ways that sufferers go about alleviating it, as well as attitudes and behaviors toward pedicures and high heels
- An analysis of recent new product launches in foot care
- A look at consumer advertising from category leader Dr. Scholl’s and other brands
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.