Fragrances - UK - August 2016
"The fragrance and body spray category has shown a decline in value in 2015 which is expected to continue into 2016 as savvy shopping behaviours persist. However, high consumer interest in fragrances with niche characteristics, such as the use of natural ingredients and high concentrations of perfume extracts, could encourage spend, particularly in mainstream fine fragrance brands. In addition, with the in-store environment remaining a crucial stage in the purchase decision-making process, retailers can do more to encourage impulse buying."
– Roshida Khanom, Senior Personal Care Analyst
This report will cover the following areas:
- Savvy shopping behaviours continue to impact the value of the category
- NPD is down despite interest in innovations being high
- Attracting younger shoppers
This report examines the UK market for men’s and women’s fragrances, including parfum, eaux de toilettes (EdT), eaux de parfums (EdP) and colognes:
- Parfums or perfume extracts have a 15-40% concentration of essence.
- Eaux de parfum (EdP) have a 10-30% concentration of essence.
- Eaux de toilette (EdT) have a 5-20% concentration of essence.
- Colognes, often referred to as eaux de cologne (EdC), have a 3-5% concentration of essence.
- Also included within this report are body sprays (fragrances in a spray can format) for men and for women.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.