Frozen Breakfast Foods - US - July 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions for frozen breakfast foods:
- Frozen breakfast entrées (eg breakfast bowls, pancakes)
- Frozen breakfast handhelds (eg burritos, sandwiches, toaster pastries, French toast sticks)
- Frozen waffles
The following categories are excluded from this Report, except for comparison purposes:
- Frozen and refrigerated breakfast meats (eg bacon, sausage)
- Refrigerated breakfast entrées and handhelds
- Breads and pastries (including shelf-stable, fresh, refrigerated and frozen donuts, muffins, bagels, coffeecakes, snack cakes, Danishes, pastries and mixes to make such products)
"With 2019 sales estimated to reach $3.7 billion and forecast to continue on this same trajectory, the frozen breakfast category is holding its own, fueled by consumer pursuit of heartier breakfast solutions. Innovation in not only flavors and formats but also nutritionally focused positioning is gaining traction as consumers seek a mix of excitement and holistically healthy products. Families are a strong base for the category, with kids leading consumption. Opportunities to engage adults will be the catalyst for growth."
- Kaitlin Kamp, Food & Drink Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Breakfast continues to lose importance
- Consumers age out of frozen breakfast
- Other breakfast foods have stronger reputations
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.