Frozen Meals - US - September 2010
With annual sales in the billions of dollars, frozen meals have come a long way from the so-called TV dinner era. They are no longer used solely by single white males and can now be found on many families’ dinner tables. The category offers a variety of price points that have helped it compete during both good and bad economic times. That being said, the recession has certainly had an impact on frozen meals, as shoppers bypass convenience in exchange for savings found in preparing their own meals. With this in mind, this report is focused on providing insights on the following topics:
- The impact of various product recalls on leading brands and companies in the sector and what actions the industry has taken to avoid them in the future
- The most popular innovations that leading companies are developing in order to stay in sync with consumer tastes
- The leading drivers and deterrents that impact consumer purchase decisions
- How frozen meal brand perceptions vary among key demographic groups and influence sales
- Meal consumption and preparation, including the types of meals prepared most often and the household members who eat them
- The strongest performing frozen meal segments and retail channels
- Sales potential for the frozen meals market and segments that will have the greatest impact on future performance
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.