Frozen Snacks - US - June 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Frozen appetizers/snack rolls/pretzels (eg Totino’s Pizza Rolls, Bagel Bites, T.G.I. Friday’s Potato Skins, Superpretzels)
- Frozen handheld entrees (eg Hot Pockets, burritos, Uncrustables/sandwiches)
Not included in this report are:
- Frozen breaded vegetables, such as breaded mushrooms
- Frozen chicken products, such as chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, and chicken fingers
- Frozen dinners or entrées
- Refrigerated or shelf-stable snacks of any kind
"Snacking is more popular than ever, with 95% of US consumers snacking at least once daily and the share snacking multiple times per day on the rise. Yet, while snacking may be a great fit for today’s highly mobile consumers, significant competition has made it difficult for frozen snacks to achieve solid growth. Nevertheless, 70% of adults and more than 75% of their children ages 6 and up eating a frozen snack within the last month indicating this $5 billion category is still holding its own. In this Report Mintel identifies potential opportunities for growth within the sector."
Mimi Bonnett, Director - Food and Drink, Foodservice
This report will look at the following areas:
- The snack space is on fire; frozen still cold
- Snackers are headed in new directions
- Consumers age out of frozen snacks
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.