Frozen Snacks - US - May 2012
The $1.6 billion frozen snacks market has been steadily growing during and after the recent recession, oscillating with food price increases, suffering to some extent from the unhealthy stigma associated with frozen products, and suffering from a lack of innovation. However, the versatility of frozen snacks, coupled with increased convenience, still has attracted many consumers and so, as a category, frozen snacks managed to grow by 21.6% between 2006 and 2011.
While the frozen snacks market is forecast to grow moderately between 2012 and 2016, much of the growth is linked to future innovation, which will need to focus on more healthful products, in addition to more customizable meal solutions that better fit consumers’ needs. Furthermore, demographic changes, coupled with a still uncertain economic outlook, could negatively impact the market.
In order to provide a better understanding and provide recommendations for future success, this report provides an in-depth look at the frozen snacks market, including:
- How the economy, food prices, the processed image of frozen snacks, and minimal innovation are impacting sales trends for the category as a whole and in each of its segments
- How demographic shifts, including households with children and Baby Boomers, coupled with the obesity issue and its health-related conditions, are influencing future forecasts through 2016
- An assessment of which brands are gaining, which are losing, and why, as well as where private label frozen snacks currently fit in the category and how retailers can better leverage their store brands
- Insight into new product launches and how product claims compare to consumers’ interests and desires
- Evaluation of TV ads, as well as online and digital promotional efforts
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.