Fruit and Vegetables - US - October 2013
“Increasing consumer interest in healthy and natural foods should help drive fruit and vegetable sales but a growing local foods movement and the existence of a variety of tastier healthy alternatives present challenges for the stagnant market.”
– Sarah Day Levesque, Food and Drink Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How can this stagnant category jump on the health bandwagon?
- How can produce companies adapt to the growing local food movement?
- How can fruit and vegetables better compete in the snack category?
- How can companies help parents motivate kids to eat more produce?
- What is driving, or hindering, the fruit and vegetables market?
- What is the current market size and future projections?
- Which companies have been the most aggressive in marketing, product mix, and product innovations, and are they in sync with what consumers are most interested in?
- What role does private label/store brand play in this category?
- What types of fruit and vegetables do consumers buy most often? What factors influence consumer behavior and what matters most to consumers?
- What potential do innovative new products hold?
- Fresh fruits and vegetables—includes whole fruits and vegetables (loose and packaged)
- Canned/jarred fruits and vegetables—shelf-stable, including dried fruits and vegetables
- Frozen fruits and vegetables—bagged/boxed in the freezer section
- Salad mixes—precut as well as packaged salad mixes
- Dried beans and legumes and dried vegetables—included in this segment are ancient grains, which are grains that were cultivated prior to modern times and not considered a fruit or vegetable.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.