Fruit Juice and Juice Drinks - Europe - November 2011
Consumers in the Big 5 European countries drank 7.4 billion litres of juice in 2010, spending around €8 billion. The markets enjoyed some stability following declining volumes in the previous two years. Demand for value added, chilled and premium NFC juices is growing again; although the markets remained affected by the difficult economic environment.
European consumers remain price sensitive, which will continue to work in favour of private label products. Consumers are also increasingly aware of the healthy benefits of juice, which is driving interest in new products and should lead to promising growth in the added value segments; such as chilled juices, and 100% NFC juices and nectars.
Some key points from the report include:
- European consumers are predominantly buying ambient juice, whereas chilled juices and smoothies are perceived as too ‘premium’. How can manufacturers best promote the advantages of chilled juices in order to justify their premium price?
- Brands are pushing into vitamin/mineral enriched juices, yet European consumers are still sceptical about functional products. How can the benefits of these products be properly promoted?
- Whereas the bulk of the juice consumption is at home, there are untapped opportunities in immediate, on-the-go consumption. What are these and how can they be exploited?
- How can manufacturers increase consumer awareness of the ‘five-a-day’ recommendation and educate consumers in how their products can help improve health and fitness?
- Is there room to increase value added sales by convincing small supermarkets and convenience stores to carry more natural, healthy juices?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.