Fruit Juice and Juice Drinks - US - January 2012
The fruit juice and juice drinks market grew by 1% in 2011, which is an improvement on the 1.7% decline witnessed in 2009 and no gain (0%) in 2010. Nevertheless, the market remains challenged with a number of issues, the foremost being juice and drinks’ high calorie status, which does not bode well amid the high incidence of diabetes among U.S. adults, and the consumer trend toward maintaining a healthy weight. The market has growth potential through innovation, especially in diet products with the right attributes—no artificial sweeteners, right taste, and innovative flavors. The other major challenge in the market is the consumer migration from fruit juice (100%) to fruit drinks.
Nevertheless, the market has some bright spots including continued growth in coconut water, smoothies, and a few low-calorie innovations. In this report, Mintel explores the challenges that the market has been facing and identifies growth opportunities. This report looks into a range of topics, including the following:
- Trends in the household consumption of fruit juice and fruit drinks
- Difference in personally buying and drinking fruit juice and juice drinks
- The impact of negative press surrounding the alleged presence of chemicals such as arsenic, lead, and fungicide in certain apple, grape, and orange juices, on the overall fruit juice and drinks market
- A discussion on the new product launches in the market and a recommendation on formulating products that may appeal to the consumer
- Fruit juice and drinks drinkers’ attitude toward sweeteners in juice and juice drinks
- Attitudes toward different flavors and types of fruit juice and juice drinks
- Fruit juice and drinks buyers’ behavior and response toward price increases
- Exploration of reasons for drinking fruit juice and fruit drinks among those who use these beverages
- A discussion on the ongoing popularity of coconut water, profile of the key coconut water consumer, and the beverage’s future outlook (special supplement)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.