Fruit Juice, Juice Drinks and Smoothies - UK - November 2017
“While the Sugar Levy will impact juice drink sales, sugary variants in particular, there is marked potential to retain consumers through innovation in low-/no-added-sugar variants. Fruit juice has continued to struggle under the scrutiny over sugar, while the touting of functional health benefits appears to have helped smoothies flourish.”
- Alyson Parkes, Research Analyst
This report will look at the following areas:
- A low-calorie proposition could boost the appeal of fruit juices, juice drinks and smoothies as alternatives to alcohol
- Added protein could strengthen smoothies as a breakfast option
- Estimated at £5.1 billion in 2017, total sales of fruit juice, juice drinks and smoothies grew by 6.6% over 2012-17, while volumes declined by 9.6% over the same period. A rise in average prices as well as cutbacks in fruit juice usage drove this.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.