Germany Dairy and Non-Dairy Drinks, Milk and Cream Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Dairy and non-dairy drinks, milk and cream market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Take an ethical standpoint
- Health is on consumers' minds
- Plant-based milk is on the rise
Covered in this report
Value sales of milk grew by 17.5% over 2016-19, volumes falling by 2%. Volume growth fuelled much of the value climb in flavoured milk and plant-based milk.
Avoidance of dairy and an influx of launches have fuelled strong growth in plant-based milk, the latter boosting easy availability, wider variety and affordability alike. Flavoured cow's milk's efforts to cut sugar and continued NPD tapping into current trends like interest in protein appear to have helped to ensure continued consumer engagement.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Heidi Lanschuetzer, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Ethical credentials, sustainability measures and clearly communicated health benefits across dairy and non-dairy milk alike are needed to drive success. Heidi Lanschuetzer
Food & Drink
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Market context
- Mintel predicts
- What consumers want, and why
- [Graph] Germany: interest in types of milk, milk drinks or cream, July 2019
- [Graph] Germany: attitudes towards milk, July 2019
- [Graph] Germany: behaviours relating to milk and cream, July 2019
- The competitive landscape
- Marketing mix
- [Graph] Germany: dairy avoidance in the household, by age of respondent, 2018
- [Graph] Germany: population by age, 2014-24
- [Graph] Germany: frequency of eating breakfast on the go, by age, July 2018
What consumers want, and why
- Types of dairy and non-dairy drinks, milk and cream used
- [Graph] Germany: types of milk used in the last three months, July 2019
- [Graph] Germany: usage of cream, by type, July 2019
- Dairy drinks, non-dairy drinks and milk usage occasions
- [Graph] Germany: usage occasions for cow’s milk and plant-based milk alternatives, by type, July 2019
- [Graph] Germany: usage of breakfast cereals by age and parental status, September 2018
- Dairy drinks, non-dairy drinks and milk attitudes
- [Graph] Germany: attitudes towards dairy drinks and milk, July 2019
- Dairy drinks, non-dairy drinks and milk behaviours
- [Graph] Germany: behaviours related to milk, cream and dairy drinks, July 2019
- Interest in new product concepts
- [Graph] Interest in product concepts in milk, dairy drinks and cream, July 2019
Launch activity and innovation
- [Graph] Germany: milk launches by sub-category, 2015-19
- [Graph] Germany: selected ingredients in plant-based milk, 2014-19
- [Graph] Germany: selected claims in cow's, plant-based and flavoured milk launches, 2016-19
- Advertising and marketing activity
- Retail market share of cow's milk by value, 2017-18
- Retail market share of cow's milk by volume, 2017-18
market segmentation, size and forecast
- Germany: milk retail sales, by segment, 2016-19
- Appendix – products covered, abbreviations and consumer research methodology
- Appendix – market size and forecast
- Germany: value size and forecast of retail sales of cow's milk, flavoured cow's milk and plant-based milk, 2014-24
- Germany: volume size and forecast of retail sales of cow's milk, flavoured cow's milk and plant-based milk, 2014-24
- Germany: best- and worst-case value sales forecast of plain and flavoured cow's milk and plant-based milk, 2014-24
- Germany: best- and worst-case volume sales forecast of plain and flavoured cow's milk and plant-based milk, 2014-24
This report will give you a complete 360-degree view of your market. Rooted in robust proprietary and high-quality third-party data, our local experts then put that data into context and you’ll understand:
What they want. Why they want it.
Who’s winning. How to stay ahead.
Size, segments, shares and forecasts: How it all adds up.
New ideas. New products. New potential.
Where the white space is. How to make it yours.
What’s shaping demand – today and tomorrow.