Germany Attitudes towards Professional Beauty Services Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Attitudes towards Professional Beauty Services - Germany market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
The coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) continues to spread across Germany.Mintel research conducted between 3 March and 16 March showed that 25% of German consumers are concerned about the risk of being exposed to the COVID-19. Mintel predicts that this level of concern will increase on a daily basis as the number of cases and deaths in Germany and in nearby countries continue to rise. The German government has adopted measures to maximize 'social distancing' causing Germans to spend more time in their homes. As local businesses and retail locations close their operations temporarily, hair and beauty salons could be hit hard. The professional services industry has seen a shift towards convenient, mobile services, but now more than ever beauty professionals will need support in adapting their services to become more flexible. Booking apps will play a vital role in the coming months to get consumers back into salons and restore confidence. At this time* hair salons have been authorized to remain open, however consumer concern indicates that Germans may postpone these visits and salons may restrict hours of operation. Salons should reach out to their clientele about the heightened precautions they are taking.
All reports purchased from the Mintel Store now come with free access to our COVID-19 Global Insights Hub, allowing you to understand how industries and consumer behaviour is changing worldwide.
What does the COVID-19 Global Insights Hub give you access to?
- Over 450 pieces of research (with more published each week) addressing markets across the globe.
- Discover how people in countries at different stages of the crisis are adjusting to the 'new normal'.
- Trending industries which have seen growth due to the changes in circumstance.
- Our latest consumer research surveys, allowing you to see customers views right now.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Gwen Osserman, a leading analyst in the Beauty and Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
German consumers want more accessible beauty/grooming services. To grow new business, salons need to become inclusive of wider demographics. Gwen Osserman
Beauty and Personal Care Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Note on COVID-19
- Market context
- Mintel predicts
- What consumers want, and why
- [Graph] Germany: top three professional hair services used, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: factors for purchasing products seen at the salon/barber
- [Graph] Germany: agreement with attitudes towards professional beauty/grooming services, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: worry about exposure to COVID-19, 3 March-16 March 2020 – NET worried
- [Graph] Germany: worry about impact of COVID-19 outbreak on lifestyle, 3 March-16 March 2020 – NET worried
- [Graph] Germany: real wage growth – inflation vs disposable income, 2015-19
What consumers want, and why
- Types of professional hair services
- [Graph] Germany: usage of professional hair services, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: female usage of professional hair services by age group, NET, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: male usage of select professional hair services by age group, September 2019
- Purchase of salon/barber products
- [Graph] Germany: purchase of products seen at salon/barber, by gender, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: factors for purchasing salon/barber products, September 2019
- Beauty/grooming treatments experienced in spa/salon
- [Graph] Germany: beauty/grooming treatments experienced in spa/salon, September 2019
- Treatment locations visited
- [Graph] Germany: locations visited for beauty/grooming treatments, September 2019
- [Graph] Germany: treatment locations visited by men, September 2019
- Attitudes towards spa/salon beauty/grooming treatments
- [Graph] Germany: attitudes towards beauty/grooming treatments, September 2019
Salon and treatment innovation
- Hair salon
- Beauty/grooming services
- Appendix – products covered, abbreviations and consumer research methodology
About the report
This interactive report will give you a complete 360-degree view of your market. Not only is it rooted in robust proprietary and high-quality third-party data carried out across Germany, but our industry experts put that data into context and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
Who’s Winning. How To Stay Ahead.
Size, Segments, Shares And Forecasts: How It All Adds Up.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.