GPS and Navigation - US - December 2009
This report explores the automotive GPS and navigation systems in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales, consumption and trends, and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns, and industry innovations. Specific questions answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How are GPS operators streamlining their product design and features to appeal to consumers inside their cars?
- How are partnerships with mobile phone service providers and other technology companies changing the way consumers interact with navigation systems in their vehicles?
- What segments of the automotive GPS market appeal the most to consumers?
- What companies are innovating their segments, and how can others learn from their success?
- How will telematics systems create new marketing opportunities to interact with consumers within their vehicles?
- How are increasing safety concerns regarding in-car distractions affecting this market?
- How are GPS manufacturers pursuing the smart phone as a viable way to drive up the use for their services?
- How are automakers using telematics systems to sell new vehicles to hesitant consumers?
This report provides an in-depth examination of the automotive GPS and navigation systems for industry retailers, distributors and marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Analysis covers three segments: portable GPS, aftermarket GPS, OEM telematics systems and OEM subscription-based telematics systems.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.