Green Lifestyles - Brazil - January 2013
“Brazilian consumers demonstrate low levels of commitment to some aspects of sustainability. Although Mintel research shows that six in 10 Brazilians consider ‘green’ factors when buying products, and more than three quarters say that they are prepared to make lifestyle compromises to benefit the environment, when compared with concerns relating to social problems such as social security or access to healthcare and education, the issue of sustainability loses its importance. Moreover, evidence suggests that Brazilians are less likely to consider environmental factors if they cost them more.”
– Sheila Salina, Senior Lifestyle Analyst
This report will answer the following questions:
- How can Brazilian consumers assess sustainability in their daily actions, and at the time of making a purchase?
- How important is sustainability for Brazilian consumers?
- Whose responsibility do Brazilians think environmental actions are?
- How has environmental regulation changed in recent years and how does this affect the companies operating in the country?
- How has the new regulation of solid waste and recycling affected companies and consumers, and how will it affect them in the future?
- Why do Brazilian consumers still not trust companies’ “green” initiatives, despite all the progress in corporate social responsibility (CSR)?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.