Greeting Cards and eCards - US - February 2010
In the midst of a recession, people feel the need to connect more than ever. Even with the availability of instant modes of communication, the need to feel connected still exists. This is precisely why greeting cards have managed to stay relevant and continue to grow, even as they are absorbed into modern modes of connecting.
Since 2008 there has been significant innovation in the greeting card market. Sound clips are becoming more elaborate, and people can record their own messages. Webcams allow recipients to coexist in a state of augmented reality with the characters on their card. E-cards can be sent to mobile phones. Yet traditional cards are still appealing, though they may now involve intricate customization. Manufacturers are also creating ways for people to relay sentiments for even the most difficult of situations (someone with cancer, for example) as well as ways to let the consumer express unique feelings and images.
Mintel’s research in the greeting cards market discusses such issues as:
- Who is more likely to purchase cards and to purchase more per occasion
- What criteria do consumers look for when selecting a card
- What role race and Hispanic origin plays in card selection
- How e-cards have changed the overall card landscape
- How advancing technology in cell phones, computers, and the internet have assisted the greeting cards market
- How manufacturers differentiate themselves
- Where consumers like to purchase cards
- How card prices figure in with recessionary spending patterns
- Potential growth opportunities
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.