Handbags - US - May 2009
Sales of purses and handbags have been strong in recent years, but the global financial crisis has served to slow sales growth. While all segments of the market have been impacted by recession in one way or another, the core mid-market offering is still in high demand.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the U.S. handbag market that will be useful to any manager in the industry. The report addresses a variety of topics and key questions including the following:
- How has the average number of purses and handbags purchased per year changed between 2005 and 2009
- Did the average price paid for a purse or handbag change between 2005 and 2009?
- Did the average highest price paid for a handbag or purse in the previous year increase or decrease between 2005 and 2009?
- Which segments of the female population have high concentrations of women willing to pay more than $100 for a purse or handbag
- How the economy is encouraging or discouraging women from making handbag purchases
- How the economy is impacting major handbag manufacturers
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.